White noise is a random signal (or process) with a flat power spectral density. In other words, the signal's power spectral density has equal power in any band, at any center frequency, having a given bandwidth. White noise is considered analogous to white light which contains all frequencies.

Who am I?

Neo-hippie cinephile. Follower of the great Jim Morrison who once said "If the doors of perception are cleansed, everything would appear to man as it truly is, infinite."

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Never Go to Lunch with ...

  • Creatures who consider you part of the menu.
  • Only Software people.
While I have never had the misfortune of claiming the first, today I was a victim of the second. With most of my usual lunch army playing volleyball today, I was left with the options of eating lunch alone, or with these God's stupendous creations. I still chastise myself for choosing the wrong option.

As I was appearing to look cool while tearing off the cheese from my pizza at the cafeteria, I got momentarily distracted from the innocuous table conversation about something inconsequential to livelihood by a new non-hideous female face. When my mind strayed back to the conversations, suddenly I was hearing words like 'vectors' and 'garbage collection'. In keeping with the theme of this post, I will just say that my mind found itself stuck in an infinite loop.

After bearing these stalactite-like sharp words, like some misdirected racial slur, for almost five minutes, the mind revolted through the tongue. As if to appease my hardware self, these code warriors suddenly started talking about that one course they had taken in college that involved wiring something together. Now, the eyes were searching for faces again fast - hideous notwithstanding, female notwithstanding. But alas, the ears were trapped and before I knew it, I had this choking feeling inside me as every pair of spectacled eyes in the cafe were on me as if reading me like a piece of code. And that is when I passed out, or should I say performed an Ungraceful Shutdown.

No comments: