White noise is a random signal (or process) with a flat power spectral density. In other words, the signal's power spectral density has equal power in any band, at any center frequency, having a given bandwidth. White noise is considered analogous to white light which contains all frequencies.

Who am I?

Neo-hippie cinephile. Follower of the great Jim Morrison who once said "If the doors of perception are cleansed, everything would appear to man as it truly is, infinite."

Monday, November 03, 2008

Floydian Joker

The Lunatic is in my head. The Lunatic is in my head. That's probably why I want to do a little short about the Joker with Brain Damage playing in the background. It all started a week or so ago when I chanced upon Brain Damage on the radio. It was love at first, well, sound. Didn't know the song was called Brain Damage. Had to send a Morse Code across the Atlantic to Red and he helped with the name armed with only some amorphous information as words like "the lunatic" and "grass". Have been listening to it since then, trying to make sense of it.

Fast forward to the day after Halloween. The New York Film Academy grapevine had it that one of the acting students who I have worked with twice in the past already dressed up as the Joker and did a damn good job of it. Our next assignment is the Mood Film, where the story isn't really important and one needs to set the mood using the camera (visual stuff and all). To use an analogy I heard again recently, 2 times 2 times 2 made 16 in my head.

I don't have a script yet, but I have the actor booked with makeup and wardrobe for next week. The music is locked. All I need to do is figure out what the Joker will be doing. Torturing a little insect like an ant with fire is what I initially had in mind, but looking for an ant seems too trivial and flippant at the moment. Plus, it itches like a bitch when they get helpless and bite your giant fingers.

5 comments:

ArSENik said...

Hello. Thanks, man. Who needs English anyway when we can communicate with hugs!

Mala said...

sending you lots of hugs! :)

ArSENik said...

Thanks. Unfortunately, this project has been postponed to the Dec 5 weekend. Watch this space.

Hallucinations of a teardrop...sreemanti said...

loved it !! kinda whackily reasonable !

ArSENik said...

Boy, if you find that reasonable, you must be whacky, like me :)

Here is the actual finished film.